My friend Jenaya tagged me in the fun Liebster award!
Here's how it works: I answer Jenaya's 11 questions, post 11 random things about myself, and then tag 5-11 other "up and coming" bloggers (with 200 followers or less). Then I will ask them 11 new questions and the craziness will continue to spread!
It is a fun way to get to know your friends a little better and other bloggers!
Here are the answers to Jenaya's Questions!
Her blog is: http://jbtothesecondpower.blogspot.com/
1. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
-My Junior and Senior year of high school, winning 1st place in the Idaho State Drama Competition for the solo serious category 2 years in a row.
-Serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, on the east coast and not coming home early when it was hard.
-Becoming a certified Zumba instructor and teaching Zumba in London.
-Completing my first year of full time elementary teaching in 1st grade and making it through the year without dying!
2. Gold or silver?
Depends on the outfit of course! I love both and have both. My wedding ring is silver though and that is probably my preference out of the two.
3. Who do you most look up to and why?
My dad. He is so knowledgeable in the gospel and knows the scriptures back and forth. He has a strong testimony and is so smart. He is a quiet man but when he does speak you know it is very important. He is a hard worker and supported 7 kids with his single income driving an hour and back to work each day even on the most miserable winter roads without complaining. He is loving and kind and has always treated me like his little princess.
4. What fun summer reads should we all be enjoying?
I'm actually reading Harry Potter right now. I read the first two books in Jr. High but didn't continue them and never really got super into it. I watched all the movies though but always wanted to get into the books. So I just finished the 1st book and am starting the 2nd and I love it! But other good books.....The Help. That book is hilarious! I'm a elementary school teacher so of course I love the children's books. I fell in love with the Road Dahl books this past school year. Matilda, The BFG, James and the Giant Peach....there are so many good ones.
5. What food or drink can you not live without?
The only drink that I can't live without is water. I rarely ever drink anything else, maybe an occasional glass of OJ but that's it. Except for in the winter, I do drink a lot of hot chocolate because I am always cold. Food....hmmm.....I know what kind of food I CAN live without. Meat. I have never really loved meat that much. I do still eat it because I know I need the protein and I like most chicken and turkey meals. I love ALL fruits and vegetables, but raspberries and kiwis are my favorite. I LOVE avocados and want to add it to everything that I eat. My two favorite types of food are Thai and Mexican. I love frozen yogurt and ice cream.
6. Do you set yearly goals? If so, what is one of them you are hoping to accomplish before the year is up?
I haven't been as good as setting and keeping goals lately, writing them down and things. But I do always have goals in my mind that I try to do. I always have the goal of eating healthy and exercising everyday. I saw a women the other day that was trying to get into the seat of a roller coaster to ride it but she was too big for it and couldn't fit inside the seat. Two workers were sitting on it, trying everything they could to get it to latch but they couldn't. She had to walk off of the ride with everyone staring at her. I was heart broken for her. My constant life goal is to be healthy and never feel embarrassed about my body. I want to stay active and healthy for my future kids and enjoy life with them not watching them.
7. Favorite obscure YouTube videos... Go!
I have always loved pranks and find them hilarious. That is why I love these videos:
I also think kids are hilarious so I find these way funny....
8. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
It would be toss up between flying and invisibility. But I think I'd have to go with being invisible! I would love to spy on people without them knowing I was there. I would play tricks on my mom and move things around the house after she just barley put them away. :) I would sneak in the shower while Nate is showering and squirt him with a squirt gun and he would never know where I was to get me back!
9. What is your guilty pleasure? (i.e.: Justin Bieber, ice cream, etc.)
Frozen yogurt and ice cream! Pinkberry and Red Mango have the best frozen yogurt. Haagen Das and Ben and Jerry's are my favorites for ice cream. Anything with peanut butter and chocolate, toffee and brownies.... I love it! I also LOVE anything gummy.....gummy worms, gummy bears, peach rings, apple rings, Swedish fish, sour or sweet, I love it all.
10. Name some pet peeves that drives you crazy.
-Having to carry on a one-sided conversation with someone because all they do is answer your questions that you ask and talk about themselves. They never ask you anything back so the conversation keeps on dying over and over again. Or people that act like it's the first time talking to them every time you talk to them.
-People who think and act like they are better than everyone else because they have more money.
-Those who never ever put their phone, IPad, or anything else electronic down even when you are trying to talk to them.
-Girls who can't leave the house without makeup, even when they are going to the gym and coming home to take a shower afterwards.
-Girls with black mustaches who don't ever get their lip waxed! :)
11. Where is the one place you feel most content?
-On a beach, laying in the sun, drinking a lemonade, hearing the waves crashing, and reading a good book.
-Snuggled up with my mom and sisters while watching the Bachelor or Bachelorette and eating junk food while laughing our heads off.
-Snuggling on the couch with Nate after a long day. Me telling him my struggles and him listening and reassuring me that everything will be okay while he plays the song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" from his phone. :)
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I was named Megan for the 1st week of my life. Megan Mikelle Young. Then, my mom changed it to Mikelle Marie Young because she didn't like the way Megan sounded when people said it out loud.
2. I only went to Kindergarten for 2 weeks. I missed the deadline by 12 minutes and they wouldn't let me start school. So after waiting a whole year, I went to Kindergarten. They soon realized I was above level and finally agreed to test me and I was moved up to 1st grade.
3. My most embarrassing moment happened on the night of Nate and my first kiss. I started my period and bled all over his couch and shorts not realizing until later on in the night! :(
4. I have 17 beautiful nieces and nephews.
5. I have been to Africa! Nate and I went to Morocco last July for a week. It was awesome!
6. When I was little, I used to think that I was the only person who could swallow. I thought it was a cool trick that I could do.
7. I have gone shark diving! Nate and I went when we lived in Hawaii.
8. I have only had two dogs in my life and they have both been small and white....Puppins and Chloe.
9. I was engaged twice before marrying Nate. The 3rd time is the charm!
10. While I'm waiting for my food to bake or cook you can usually find me doing ballet moves and dancing in the kitchen.
11. All of my sisters and myself have names that begin with M (4 of us), and all of my brothers have names that begin with J (3 of them). My mom and dad don't fit that though, Doug and Vickie.
The bloggers I tagged are:
And the 11 Questions I have for you:
*These may or may not have been adapted by/from other Liebsters! :)
1. What is your go-to meal or dish to make when you want to impress your dinner guests? Can you post a recipe or a link?
2. What is your best beauty secret? Skin care secret?
3. What do you do in your spare time or down time?
4. What is your favorite food and drink that you can't live without?
5. What is something that you absolutely dread?
6. When was the last time you did something totally out of your comfort zone? What was it?
7. What is your dream job?
8. What do you use Pinterest for the most? Anything cool you have tried?
9. What is your most embarrassing moment?
10. What are your top 5 movies of all time in no particular order?
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
We are finally at the end! Thanks for reading! I can't wait to read all of your responses!